View Single Post
Old 2006-04-29, 20:18   Link #17
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
I restricted myself to just 3 choices (Mikuru and Itsuki haven't shined yet, so they didn't quite make it to "the top or near the top" of my list):

Haruhi: As I originally described her after Ep 2: "this girl's absorbed the Mojo of so many characters and more". She's forging her own character types ('Tsun-FOJ' - where FOJ = Flamethrower Of Joy) and can send me into a berserking frenzy in my Synch Logs without Pani Poni Dash-esque random-crack-reality-twisting. From what little I've read of the novels (up to Vol 1 Ch 5), there's more depth to her than just Tsun and FOJ too. 2 minutes of screentime in Ep 1 and she already made a big impact on me - and Ep 2 sent me crumpling from so much "woivniojfo2ioj2" moments.

Kyon: I can't help but like his sarcasm and helplessness. His rapid-fire narrative/scoldings with his not-that-great-Intelligence is great - it was one of the best things of Ep 1 and I'm glad to see it's still there outside of the film commentary.

Yuki: Ep 4 pwnage. That and reading in the novels on the origin of her Powaa. Seemingly another product of the "AyanamiRei-HoshinoRuri gene pool", but she's fairly well fleshed out even by this early stage. All descendants of a common gene pool will look identical when they're babies - they establish their unique traits after they grow up a bit. In other words, I like how she's already grown to be more than just another Rei/Ruri hybrid clone.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)