View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 09:40   Link #55
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
I just want to thank Doraneko for mentioning this wonderful title in one of his posts. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if I haven't seen it on your post. Well, The cover art was done with an oil pastel (maybe paint) and there aren't any illustrations. I'd confess that I tend to buy new light novels by the cover art for most of the time. Then, I'd go check the plot summary and see if it suit my tastes. Upon picking up this title, I told myself that I'd see if only words were enough to move me...and yeah, It did. Deeply too. n_n

ミミズクと夜の王 (Mimizuku [Great Horned Owl] and the king of the night)
by Kougyoku Izuki

Plot summary:
Quote:
A girl arrived at the forest of night where demons lived.
Her temple was the branded with the number "332" and both of her arms and legs were caught in a chain that wouldn't come off.
The girl who called herself "Mimizuku" came and offered herself to the beautiful king of demons,
With only one wish upon her heart.

"Could you please devour me?"

The girl Mimizuku who wanted to die and the king who hated human.
Everything started during one beautiful night.
-----It was the story of a girl, destruction and restoration, beginning from the brink of despair.
The story was simply amazing. It takes you deeper into the story as you read on. Also, the lead character, Mimizuku's character setting was very different from the usual leads. She used to be a slave living in a town of thieves and cut-throats. She undergone extreme cruelty which made her emotion go numb, and her thoughts became unclear. The plot was dramatic and it evokes different emotions as you progress with the story.

Tears flowed from my eyes as I read the last chapters. I'd say it was great reading it, and I would be confident to recommend it to the light novel readers. Definitely one of my favorites now. n_n