View Single Post
Old 2010-06-20, 20:28   Link #156
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Yeah CG is not the best solution but a green-screen-floor is. This is what I am talking about:

See: 0:24; 2:28.... she goes from one bamboo branch to another but there is only air in between... she acts as tho as if she is walking/running on air but that part comes across very odd because there is obviously nothing beneath her feet to stand on, the parts where they jump and walk on water also look odd... My solution would have been to make her land on one branch and then use momentum to propel herself to the next branch without the "wobbly feet" action in between

This is where anime comes on top, check this ichigo vs Grimy fight in mid air so u'll see what I am talking about:

Watch > 0:44 ... he is in mid air yet it seems like he is standing on something. This makes the scene look way cooler and the effect can be easily replicated using a green-screen-floor.

BUT the best example comes at 2:27... where Grimmy is showing off with his Bruce-lee moves (in mid air). Imagine an actor trying to do the same but being suspended with cables instead of standing on a green screen floor... the poor actor would look (and feel) like a puppet.

The scene at 7:44 where Grimmy and Tousen "walk in mid air" back into hueco mundo through that garganta could also be closely replicated without the use of cables or CG ...again using a green screen floor...(except for the garganta thing)

Don't get me wrong tho... there are impossible things that Anime can pull off and Live action movies just can't ( CG for those instances perhaps?) but still ... the green screen floor could be used to make those mid air fighting sequences look more natural and put an end to that "wobbly feet" syndrome I keep seeing in certain Martial Arts-themed movies.

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-20 at 20:42.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote