View Single Post
Old 2010-07-21, 03:00   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
( ^ uploaded the video elsewhere & edited my previous post, sorry for the mishaps)

Some names from the staff found their way onto the web, Yasuhiro NAKURA among them.
Ogura Kobo and Hiromasa OGURA, art.
Music : Seikou NAGAOKA
http://rayclover.matrix.jp/blog-entry-1864.html but i don't know, the whole article looks like a joke

Can't help but take it with a huge grain of salt, especially Yasuhiro Nakura involvement in the project, the trailer is far from being on the same level than some of his other works.
It's all true. I've read the article in Newtype itself. In the scene where the prince is out in the rain, Nakura drew every single animated rain drop himself, and there were about 700-800 layers of animated rain. Sounds really dumb and extreme for something which isn't really going to make a huge difference, but that's what they're doing.

The movie is also being animated and mastered in 4k HD, so it's 4096p as opposed to a blu-ray resolution of 1080p.

Edit: I should probably also add that it's mentioned that there are only 3 core animators involved in the entire project. Nakura is one of them, and I presume Nagano is another since he credited himself with animation as well when the project was announced.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote