View Single Post
Old 2011-06-30, 11:20   Link #2
Aqua Knight

I am starting my internship in a finance consulting company next week. I hope it will at least be not boring.

Before I applied to one bank and another consulting company and had interviews. First one, in the bank, was very short because they needed a person who could have internship-work for at least 3 months. Nothing special just asked me about level of English and my University.

2nd interview was very harsh. I was really nervous when the interviewer asked questions like " Imagine a retail company wants to merge with other smaller retailer to get more market share, where would you search for such the small retailer?". I completely failed....

3rd interview was in the company where I will have my internship. It went much smoother. The 2 interviewers asked if I could speak English the whole interview, which I did, asked me some questions regarding their company, some basics in Finance( like variance of the portfolio) and Macroeconomics. And a week later I got a positive reply and an offer for internship.

I only prepared for the last interview as the 2 other were during my exam session.