View Single Post
Old 2008-11-18, 17:49   Link #845
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If only you'd pursued your dream of being an undine on Aqua ....;P

There is some substance to the rumor that Japanese college is easy compared to Japanese high school (once you pass the red gates it is Honey&Clover all the way) .... however, my sparse data tells me that Japanese college is still more rigorous than the *average* American college (versus the top tier colleges).
This is true on the uni entry issue.
To get in is murder, to graduate is piss easy.
A lot of students end up sleeping in class cause either they've taken on part time jobs, have travelled hours just to get to class or are just lazy, lol.
Japanese Uni was easy for me as a UK uni student, the grades were 90% = A (but with 40% = attendence, you could imagine how much delirious i was, easiest 40% i've made in my life...ever)
The only classes that gave me a tough time where naturally my language ones since they were new grammar and vocab i had not learnt before, but otherwise it isn't so difficult.
I'm not sure how top uni's like Waseda, Sofia and Tokyo Uni play, but i hear similar stories sometimes.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote