View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 17:37   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hey, I get it, and I never said I didn't like the show.

Actually, I love it.

I just think it could have been done a lot better, is all.
And I'm not saying that because I want you to like or not like the show. That's totally up to you! My only point is that, even though you may have a valid argument re: things missing from the anime (I don't know), that doesn't mean the show is incomprehensible, hard to follow, or otherwise lacking in relevant detail. Because otherwise, there'd be no way for anyone who hasn't read the novels to "get it", and I don't think the evidence supports that assumption. That's really all I'm saying.

Totally get what you're saying about "it could have been done better" -- everyone has an opinion about these sorts of things. But, from my vantage point, I'd say that even so, the writers did a fine job given the time available (maybe that last part is the operative part of the phrase). So in the end, in my ignorance, I can tentatively agree. Heck, I think many of us would agree that it would already be better if next week weren't already the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
Not to sound biased in anyway though I speculate that the majority of those who would complain about the outcome of the story consisted mainly kids/pre-teens (aka the more immature audience) who simply like to play shipping wars and not observe the story from more adult and insightful prospective. They won't know what development means when they themselves haven't developed nor lived enough life to know what its like. I see the majority who understand and support the logic in that Ryuuji and Taiga belong to eachother derives from a more mature, life-experienced audience, for a lack of a better way to put it. Forgive my rambling, just a thought I had >_>
I hesitate on the one hand, because I definitely think that anyone, regardless of age, can be reflective and insightful. And, likewise, I know many people who should have more "life experience" that seem to demonstrate absolutely no need to evidence that online. (As Vexx said, I'm probably being a bit too gracious here... )

What annoys me is the whole culture that seems to encourage this sort of speak-before-thinking attitude, and acts like because they have an opinion about something there must absolutely be a flaw in whatever they're criticizing simply because they don't like it. That's nonsense. No blogger or forum poster is going to convince me, just by the virtue of their having an opinion, that they know more about good writing than the actual people who wrote the show. I guess it's sort of the old "everyone's a critic" bit, except that it doesn't help when those people are also both arrogant and ignorant. In general, I would love to see less outrage and more reasoned analysis, but clearly this isn't the way to feed one's ego online. People just want to be told "you're right, that was so totally stupid and wrong, and it's the show's fault for being poor!" rather than "the show may be just fine; maybe you should watch it again to pick up on all the things you missed the first time and think about it". More often than not, the problem is the latter and not the former. Anyway, pipe dreams...