View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 18:44   Link #47
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It could just be the author poking fun at common tropes.

It could be argued, if you go chronologically, that Hanekawa is the "first girl", and she is the fantasy perfect girl in love with the MC...
Actually, if you really go chronologically, I think Nadeko is even earlier than Hanekawa...but to be honest, I can see why they would think that. I mean, I like Araragi and Senjougahara as a couple, but to me one of the primary reason that they're together is because Senjougahara confesses first. If she did not do that, and Araragi found himself single and has to choose one girl to be his girlfriend from his current harem, I'm not sure that he'll pick Senjougahara for certain.

But really, I don't mind that, in fact I find it a bit more realistic. After all, often in life you end up not with a perfect soulmate, but simply someone that you already fell in love with first. More harem girls need to take Senjougahara's approach, especially seeing how the male lead are often quite indecisive which means that he'll sway pretty easily. Just make sure to make it as direct and blunt as Senjougahara to prevent misunderstandings, and make sure to pick a location as far away from train tracks or fireworks or any other distractions.