View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 22:07   Link #30309
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
I do not believe that Ryuukishi would simply throw an Ikuko and the expect us to conclude that she must be Yasu.
My only one concrete issue with Ikuko = random, which does seem likely canon, is that whatever happened to all that stuff about the solution not being a new person to be introduced. Yes you can argue that that only relates to the gameboards and not the story itself, but I still feel like regardless of who she is there should be some hints about her existence in ep 1-4. I mean, we even had metabattler have a giant "WHO AM IIIIIIIIIIIIII" incident (by the way I loved Beato summarising all her giant mysteries and grizzly murders into one children's game question") so where is our Ikuko clue?

Beatrice not only has a role as Battler's ideal chick. She's also the gameboard

She's also the rules of the gameboard I believe, so she survives as long as the rules do. Interestingly enough in the two episodes where she wasn't the golden witch (by succession or simply dying) it was because someone else took the blame for the crimes.

Quote:
As for Yasu, well, I don't want to sound boastful, but I'd reasoned out her promise, personality quarrel and had some ideas for her motive without using Chiru clues.
If you had the promise and quarrels you can't have been missing much of her motive.

Quote:
'humunclus' stuff and try to make some sense out of them.
Well looking back that conversation can be summarised thusly:
"Kinzo made a human body as a blank slate (ie a child (or amnesiac I guess)) and tried to trap Beatrice in it, but it didn't work". Even if it wasn't guessable at the time, it sure was hinted.

Quote:
Men care about prestige and women care about feelings
Well yes Hideyoshi cared about feelings and Eva cared about prestige, but she never was the proper lady. Every couple had elements of both, but certainly Krauss and Natsuhi fit it well, as did Kanon and Jessica. George was all about being a proper man and heck, Rudolf switched a baby so he wouldn't have to divorce his wife. I know you can say that Natsuhi cared a lot about honour, but her motivations were never for status or money, but more for my husband.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote