View Single Post
Old 2023-09-23, 10:56   Link #12765
SaoriShun
Out and proud autistic

Question I found an unknown manga in Vogue Nippon May 2007 and I'd like it identified, please

Hi! This is my first time posting here, so I hope this goes well...

I had purchased a print copy of the May 2007 issue of Vogue Nippon (now known as Vogue Japan) and was excitedly reading it when I found an article about John Galliano and his spring couture 2007 collection for Christian Dior that contained a few pictures of the collection's 'Japan research diary,' which resembles a cross between a mood board and a multi-page brochure. Even though this article was published in 2007 the actual research diary was created from October to November 2006.

Among the pictures of this mysterious research diary I found this image featuring this equally mysterious manga that I am dying to have identified:

The image has multiple other photos obscuring the manga panels so I made an edit in GIMP where I made everything covering the manga panels transparent:

I've asked people on the Lost Media Wiki forums to help me ID this manga and there are two clues. First, tirgo, a Lost Media Wiki forum user, read my post on the Lost Media Wiki forums and posted it to Tumblr, where someone else said that the art looks as if it was drawn by Masakazu Katsura and that the manga could be I"s. https://www.tumblr.com/etrianodyssey...u?source=share

Second, doubledis, another Lost Media Wiki user, replied to me and posted this image where they attempted to make a mock-up of what the original panels could have looked like:

However, these clues are not enough for me to identify the manga on my own. Could someone please tell me the name of this manga? I've been searching for the original manga for months and I'll be over the moon if I could finally find the original.

Also, if you're having trouble identifying the manga, I've heard of the use of AI to restore or finish images. I have no idea which image restoration service to use because I know barely anything about AI image restoration, let alone the names of each image restoration AI, but maybe someone could use AI to make a mock-up of what the original manga panels looked like. Here's a Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_...l_intelligence

Kind regards,

SaoriShun
SaoriShun is offline   Reply With Quote