View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 10:27   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Because if they don't really intend to use the magic book, but just threaten that they will then it's a bluff anyways!

They are already planning to bluff. They don't plan on actually using such destructive power. So why do they need to actually decode it? Just bluff that they decoded it as well.

Look- it didn't even need to change the plot. Someone could point out that a bluff is dangerous and commits them to a high risk of being called on it. Then they decide to go with Touma's plan- which is fine by me, that would make sense.

But instead they made it seem like the problem was that the decoding wasn't correct, which made the bluff impossible.

You all got your fanboy blinders on. I like A Certain Magical Index, but this arc just sucked. There is some potential there in the story, but the execution was terrible.
I don't understand, so your real beef with how things happen is because they didn't try something that might fail? Especially if the current state of mind with the Nuns now is that they are still willing to put their lives on the line, simply running out there and claim that you can solve the Book of the Law isn't going to cut it. They most certainly would have to put up abit of light show or possibly even summon the actual Angel, which doesn't have to use any of it's spell.

(Actually, rather than an Angel, I suppose summoning a big flaming golem would do the trick as well... Which was what they did.)

The funny thing is, if you can accept that the bluff might not work, then why do you condemn their plan to jump straight into setting up a giant Innocantis? Does it really matter so badly that they show every single options to consider? For that matter, what issue do you have with the plan than they eventually used? Was it wrong in anyway?

Maahhh~ I wouldn't call it a fanboy blinder, I'm just more open to ideas that might explain certain actions, rather than take the easy way out and label things as 'plotholes'. Plus it helps to not exaggerate minor details and stuff.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-11-08 at 10:50.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote