View Single Post
Old 2011-03-23, 06:10   Link #9139
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
-The FiveOver Suits may have more powerful attacks than Mikoto, but in a straight fight Mikoto will still win. Not to mention Mikoto is still limited by the 'Parameter List', and can get even stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mikoto's still Limited by the Parameter List? If that's not a subtle hint, I don't know what is. But I don't see how she's being limited by that list if she has already reached Level 5.
Isn't the parameter list a list of espers and their maximum reachable levels + power in that level? (note: two espers don't have the same power on the same lv, eg kuroko and awaki)
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...Parameter_List
That means Mikoto can't go above it even if she wants, because in toaru "hard work" not = "higher power", only the curriculum can increase power (*1). If she already reached the max potential stated there, she can't advance. Even if she is a level 5, there is a huge gap between her powers and n1 or n2 powers, and due to the fact that her potential ends where she is now, she can't fill the gap in power.

note 1 - accel didn't "increased" his powers during entire index series (i don't count awakening), just found new ways how to use his powers.