View Single Post
Old 2011-10-05, 14:24   Link #120
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu101uk View Post
So it would seem that our Saki "season 2" is in fact a spin-off...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/in...achika-spinoff

Hmm, an interesting development. I had heard that the manga was going quite slowly, but I didn't realize it still wasn't far along enough, even after two years... o_o;;;

Since I haven't read this spin-off, I wonder how much of it there is. Enough for one or two cours perhaps?

I am a bit disappointed (seeing as I wanted to see the national tournament with Saki and her older sister), but as long as I get to see a bit more epic mahjong, it should still be be cool methinks... ^_^;;;

O-O~
Hmm ... interesting. I had heard that they might base it on the Saki Achiga Hen manga. I have only read ch 1 of the manga (I think that is all that has been published?) but found myself enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
....I'm guessing now the manga chapters released so far were just for testing waters and see how people received the spin off.
Hmm ... hadn't thought of that - very well could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, this is a bit disappointing to me.

It's still possible that I'll like the Saki spin-off, and I'll probably check it out, but a lot of what I liked about the Saki anime was the characters. If they're not there, then I'm going to have to be won over anew by a cast of characters that are new to me.

That's certainly possible, but it's not a sure thing, like my fondness for Nodoka, Hisa, and Saki herself.
Yeah - to be honest I was more interested in seeing Saki at the nationals finally battling her sister. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Nodoka appears. In the first chapter. For what it counts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It counts some, so thanks. Some of my enthusiasm is back now, lol.
It's true ... she does ... sort of as the catalyst character for the other main characters of the spin-off. (I hope that was not too spoiler'ish?)