View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 20:02   Link #391
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, not by a long shot. The way how muscular and skeleton atrophy works would hardly allow such possible feat, unless you literally force the victim body to have a everyday activity, and have an absolutely normal nutrient consumption which is not possible in coma state.

You can theorize however you want on the possible lack of complications such like respiratory issue, bedsores etc. But mobility after a coma? No. To begin with, a coma of only 1-2 weeks is enough to lead to severe movement impairment, even with the best prevention care done the very moment the patient was hospitalized, which would require weeks months or even years for rehab.
Actually, I'll go ahead and give this a quick response because the dismissive tone is annoying

To bring up one possibility, maybe they can inject nanobots into the body to repair bones and muscles (nanotechnology something I assume is already present in the story itself given that SAO features full immersion virtual reality without moving your body, something that's supposed to become a reality in the future thanks to nanobots), I don't think "WELL IT'S NOT POSSIBLE IN 2012 SO OBVIOUSLY IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE IN 2024 EITHER" is necessarily true.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote