View Single Post
Old 2007-12-03, 04:31   Link #61
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I really enjoyed this epi. I felt it a shame that Yuri bumped into Margery instead of... errr actually I can't really think which Flame Haze we have met would have been able to help him grow, instead of getting burnt up like a moth to flame.
In other words, you can say that a flame haze who is initially soft is destined to be burned. (I say "initially" because Shana is just about close to becoming a softie herself.)

Quote:
This really does highlight the issue that the Flame Hazes suffer from. It been stated that they fight alone, but so far we have seen quite a lot of collaboration, but if they are not used to it, then they must trample on each others toes a lot when they are forced to work together. Balle Masque shows that the evil ones are quite capable of working together (well apart from the secret little plans).
It will be interesting to see how the 3-haze cell of Shana/Margery/Wilhelmina will work collaboratively now that they are living in the same city, as more denizens are probably on the way.

Quote:
Yuji's silver flames are pretty interesting for the Margery element, but also raises the question "what the Dango is he?". General categorisation is he is a torch or a mistes. But they burn out, and Yuji doesn't as he get replenished every night. He has the capacity of a Crimson Lord and now is able to cast spells. Crimson lords from what I gather need a human host to function and Yuji doesn't so does that make him more like a tomogara?

For example lets say that black hole boy gets down with all this casting stuff and gets good at it. Then lets say he looses the Reiji Maigo. His existence is huge so he won't burn out quickly, so what is to stop him from using a unrestricted spell, or a hougu from devouring the existence of others? In essence he would be a tomogara.... Of course I haven't taken into account his personality would most probably stop him from taken such action.
Points for the Dango. I'm using it from now on.

You make a good point on Yuji being categorized as a Tomogara. I believe that in the flame haze world, as Yuji has the most coveted treasure in all of the Crimson World, he needs a category of his own.

By definition of losing the Reiji Maigo, I believe you mean it gets taken away. If that is such, he may as well be categorized as a tomogara. However, do remember that as he loses PoE, he loses functions, such as memory and personality, and the fact that no one will be able to remember that he even existed. Then again, who besides the Flame Haze will remember the mayonnaise mascot?