View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 14:26   Link #10
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm usually not into small talk. I can enjoy a little bit of joking around, but not a lot. I tend to dislike being in large crowded areas (although that's partly since it sometimes sets off my claustrophobia). My favorite real life conversations are "1-on-1" or as part of small group in a comfortable dining room/living room.

A lot of my favorite past times are private - Playing PC games, playing video games, writing fanfics, watching anime. These are all things I do primarily in private. I definitely appreciate quiet, private time.

All of the above being said, I've been in a few leadership positions before, and I'm generally Ok working with others. I just highly value independence and freedom in my spare time. I'd probably go crazy if I had to compete in something like Survivor.

So, on the whole, I'm fairly introverted.

Extroverts tend to run the world because we're an increasingly interconnected society where "social media" is now all the rage. Leaders are expected to be "transparent" and "accessible", and "modern" in these two ways. This can be very challenging for an introvert. There's a time I actually considered a life in politics, but definitely not now.

The benefit of being an introvert is that you're less likely to get caught up in the mob, or in the latest trend/fad. On the flipside, though, you can sometimes get left out a bit for much the same reason.