View Single Post
Old 2007-07-22, 20:24   Link #16
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
This maybe a little out of topic but this is related to the site..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...DR+400&x=0&y=0
Well I'm not really familiar with branded rams and I don't know whats the best of quality so can someone please tell whats the best and affordable and when I say affordable I mean cheap.. kind of DD4 400 ram? Finding 1gb a stick.

Oh yeah about the site are does new or used?? just asking...

anyways will the DDR400 rams fit in this boards, is it compatible?
Spoiler:

Well, if you could give us the part# for that mobo, then I think we could easily figure out what kind of memory it takes... but just looking at the picture, it says "DDR400" in there so...

But also, don't forget that sometimes, older parts are even more expensive than, say, "newer" ones. For example, you could buy a 1gb stick of DDR2677 for around 40 bucks, Corsair even. It's DDR2 and not as outdated as a DDR400.

And one could argue that, yeah you could save on parts like Ram and etc, but then you'll have to buy a motherboard that works with those parts. And yeah, that's true, but it's not really hard to find a Mobo that supports DDR2 677 going for really cheap nowadays. Since they're probably more interested in making room for the new DDR3-compatible systems and all of that, you can probably find good bargains everywhere. It's just a matter of looking for it.

Quote:
Oh yeah about the site are does new or used?? just asking...
Unless it says "Refurbished" or "Open-Box", all the items Newegg sells are brand new.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote