Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 16:43   Link #3038
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Hold on for a moment. I know that you like Senriyama, but you shouldn't be so bias.

Besides, if anything, Senriyama is the most unlikely to go to the finals. Like with Himematsu, we already know much more about Senriyama. Shindouji and Shiraitodai are schools that doesn't have any sufficient flashbacks, so going by the more "interesting" teams, both of them are better since they hadn't had a proper flashback yet. (sans Kirame)
I personally find Shindouji and Shiraitodai more interesting. After all we don't know hoe Teru met Takami, Seiko and Awai, why she chose them for her team, and then there's whole why she seems to have disowned Saki. With Shindouji, things we could still learn is Himeko/Mairu back story, but also about how doing badly in the nationals effected Mairu, don't forget she was a terror in middle school, so doing so could really shock her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
If you're talking about mahjong abilities, then both Shindouji and Senriyama is equals in terms of strengths. You're quick to dismiss Yoshiko and Hitomi as fodders but both of them are quite good. Yoshiko aside, coming up with a new strategy to disable Sumire, Hitomi is actually good. I think I posted before on how she came up with a 6 sided wait to stop Takami's yakuman hand. It's just that Sera and Ako dominated that round that it really couldn't be helped.
You wouldn't remind posting it again? Or telling me where it is? I really like being able to determine characters skill level. I personally feel when she played Ako and Sera Hitomi just had a bad game, because the previous round Takami only got 7 tiles: which means Hitomi maybe didn't extend her dealership, and she most likely stop Takami's and the other schools dealerships, plus she did apparently get a lot of points in the quarter-finals.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote