View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 10:21   Link #1050
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Multiplayer does not automatically make a game suck...
It does mean it takes away from the main game.
Not the least because if I buy ME3, I would have to pay for the multiplayer in the box, which I wouldn't even touch.

I am sick of those who insist multiplayer should be added to everything. I don't go around demanding WoW to release a single-player version, do I?

Quote:
All this "It has multiplayer, therefore it must be worse" mentality reeks of the elitism that has been pointed against the CoD/Halo gamers of the past that's now extending to pretty much every other game that decides to try and have multiplayer. What happened to the days when we based a game's greatness of actually playing it and not of whatever trend it must be following? Just because Mass Effect 3 will have mutliplayer doesn't mean that it'll be worse off like other games that tried it. That's just pretty illogical.
Which part of I DON'T PLAY MULTIPLAYER do you not understand?

I bought ME 1 and 2 because they are single-player games. Single Player games are the only games I buy, ever. I don't care how great multiplayer it has, I don't want to play it. And if I have to pay extra to have this "feature" then I have wasted my money.

Why is it that multiplayer gamers assume everyone else would be able to be "converted" to their side?