View Single Post
Old 2016-10-21, 18:47   Link #464
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdcageStarlet View Post
Are there any showings upcoming for the UK...?
I mean, I doubt it, but I gotta ask, right?
Bit late but the two movies were shown at the Scotland Loves Animation festival, one showing in Glasgow and one (which I've just got back from) in Edinburgh.

Basic no-spoilers review[1]: very Shaft-ey, more stylish and artsy than the TV and OAVs, lots more CG. Playing the Shaft productions "drink if there's a head-tilt" game would have destroyed my liver. Araragi-kun spends his screen time alternating between flop-sweat eyeball-rolling panic and Kool Dood posing with occasional comedy relief. Kiss-shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade isn't as much of a participant in the story as you might have expected and doesn't get a lot of screen-time after Araragi-kun first encounters her, although the visuals of that encounter are something else. Araragi-kun receives a gift from Hanekawa-chan which he promises to treasure forever, indeed he swears it will become a family heirloom to be passed down through the generations.

[1]Given it's a prequel to a series where the events covered in these movies were discussed in depth by the participants any spoilers would be somewhat redundant.