View Single Post
Old 2008-02-24, 15:04   Link #1062
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Connections between series and stories aren't judged by what makes them unique; they are judged by what is similar.
I think you are wrong here, as one major difference could really be a significant counterbalance to many similarities in the process of evaluation. Just my way of seeing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
And Seed is not only similar in plot, but also in characters (as I detailed earlier).
Yup, these things I'd count into "homage and plot" aspects. They are the traits that ultimately make me classify SEED as a part of the Gundam multiiverse (and come on, we all can see the title ). But still, IMHO, its differences make it quite unique among all the shows that were produced in the franchise so far. But if those "differences" like mood and designs and drama convention are just superficial to you and not significant enough to understand my point then a'right. I'd just say then that we have totally different senses of what makes the show different and what doesn't.

I, for instance, think that it is this "uniqueness" that made some people hate SEED and the other love it. Period.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote