Thread: Licensed Tenjo Tenge!
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-03, 14:40   Link #54
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Ikkitoussen is just fanservice and fighting, but I like Tenten about 1000X more than Ikkitoussen. I quit after the first volume of the Ikkitoussen manga, and I absolutely hated the anime... But I'd never do that with the Tenten manga, and I don't expect that I'd hate the Tenten anime either.

So why do I like Tenten so much better than Ikkitoussen? Because it's NOT just fanservice and fighting. Now please jam this thought of mine into your heads and stop imposing your opinions on others and stop generalizing Tenten fans with stereotypes.
Okay, this is starting to edge on war (not you, but the thread in general), but I think its good to get some divergent opinions out there, as long as it doesn't get hostile. I like to read pro and con opinions of shows, but that's just me.

My opinion is that most readers/viewers who like series that feature fanservice and fighting will like Tenten. I've read the first few volumes of the manga, and for a manga in that genre, its better than many of the latest offerings in that genre.

I agree, Tenten is better than Ikkitousen. I just don't think its amazing or anything special. I do not think people who like Tenten are mindless drones with no class or taste, I have my guilty pleasures too. (Heck, I watched all of Weiss Kreuz, liked it, and fully acknowledge that its utter crap in the story department.) Tenten is meant to entertain by offering action, fanservice, and yeah, at least some sort of plot. If you like that kind of thing, then I fully recommend this show.

I think Tenten will be very popular for the fanservice and fighting, but its not a perfect series (judging from the manga) and I just wanted to get that across. I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun, but I guess I did anyway.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote