View Single Post
Old 2009-08-01, 19:31   Link #380
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It's not disturbing at all. It would be disturbing if you would assume that Medaka feels something towards Zen (which she does not). It actually makes sense if you think that all Medaka's jealousy was just unwillingness to share one of her pawns (Zen) with others.
IMHO it wasn't because of her unwillingness to share her pawns, she was angry, cause she want's all council members to be concentrated on council task, self-suficient and perfect. But you're right, all council members are her pawns, Zenkichi is least efficient (so his lowest rank) but unconditionaly loyal.

Quote:
I was surprised that Zen got so much attention - I already forgot that he was supposed to be main characters, rather than one of the side-characters that he was lately.
Most of readers still thinks of Zenkichi as a main character. He was mistreated lately, so something good had to happen to him, to gain readers attention.. In any other manga it could be a cliche beggining of love between a tsundere girl and a proud boy, but not here (IMHO). Still most readers will have hopes that Zen love life will improve, so author gained some time he could use to introduce another characters and main plot (I still have hopes for plot in that manga).

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote