View Single Post
Old 2007-12-08, 09:13   Link #305
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Doesn't matter. Announcements made it crystal clear that they are only in it to protect their own assets. As any responsible nation SHOULD do instead of meddling in foreign affairs it really has no business in.
What do you mean by "meddling in foreign affairs"? The AEU had been attacked multiple times already - it's very much their affair.

Quote:
Being 'cowardly' has nothing to do with any of it. Lunging head first into the issue might be a 'cowardly' thing to do as well. Just go out there to snatch yourself military technology? There clearly is no connecting the three world powers at the moment.
What do you mean by "lunging head first"? You are aware of the alternative approaches, aren't you?

Quote:
It seems to me that you don't get what I'm going at. We do all sorts of formal actions on smaller sects and terrorist cells and less organized and even individual crimes depending on foreign relations all the time.
None of these are even close to a declaration of war - which would be what a formal military response entails.

Quote:
Gauging enemy strength to come up with proper response to equalize it. Are you even watching the show, here, or do I need to spell everything out?
That sounds a lot more like the idea of balance of power. Unfortunately for your position, balance of power is totally unrelated to the idea of a zero-sum game. I suppose you can try spelling it out, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to help you.

Quote:
Okay. Since when did I ever argue that?
My point is that you're mistaking what my argument is. Your statement, "And like you said, you plainly said before that if the ship couldn't be found on radar, it'd be natural for them to do so via visual contact" is totally missing the point since I'm just talking about the precautions that would seem to make sense.

Quote:
I was talking about the visual contact thing and since Ptolemaios was able to get around it and utilize that same tactic, they apparently felt it was a safe course of action. For how long was it? SIX months?
Again, simply because an imprudent course of action has been successful for a period of time doesn't mean that it will be successful indefinitely. By the way, Furuya Tohru plainly said that it was four months since Celestial Being's public announcement.

Quote:
The thing that gets me is that Celstial Being has done things so deliberately, your saying that it's all simple, run of the mill, Joe Schmoe negligence just rings hollow to me.
Are you trying to claim that when an organization does something deliberately, it automatically means that it wasn't a mistake?

Quote:
You're not understanding what 'six month of not being detected in low orbit in plain sight of all the major world powers' means here.
Please explain exactly what it means.

And by the way, what do you mean by dogma?