View Single Post
Old 2011-11-13, 11:06   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

I agree about the presentation being a little off for in terms of pacing, in particular the various events seem to be happening a bit too quickly (which seems to be a recurring issue with the show). But I don't find the battles being off. Its like you said, its a weird quirk in the colony. Its like these two sides have been doing this for decades and somehow its just turned into a recurring act that has to be done for the sake of doing it. Most likely there's going to be people in control (such as the Don Voyage dude) who are probably controlling these in the background to make sure these "battles" keep happening.

So indeed, it seems that unless you are caught in the battlefield, there's really no danger. Heck they even built all those walls protecting the buildings so there wouldn't be any danger.

I guess the only danger is that these "battles" seem to happen spontaneously and people can caught on them and maybe get killed too, though judging from the episode it seems most people already know what they need to do anytime a "battle" occurs.

The incompetence of the military is kind of reminiscent of Turn A's militias, actually. People become complacent due to lasting peace and forget the art of war. In both cases attacks by external factions lead to people scrambling to relearn how to fight.