View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 12:34   Link #897
Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Total brain-fart on my part. It's definitely a 777. Certainly the first one is . . . "Boeing 777" is painted right next to the aft door on the plane the girls take to London
Don't worry. Even after watching the movie three times, I'd forgotten that particular detail, too. When I spot-checked the BD while writing my post, I was only double-checking the flight number, and didn't think to glance at the airplane stuff again. ^^;

Quote:
(marvel at KyoAni's attention to detail.
That sort of thing is one of the main reasons why I'm interested in (and buying) Hyouka. They seem to have more detail, background movement, etc. in a lot of their products than many other studios. It's beautiful to watch.

Quote:
When I saw that and thought back to my post, I had a good facepalm.)
Heh...

Quote:
The one they take home looks like another of the kind the girls take to London, so it must be a 777 too.
JAL's only got one Narita/London flight a day, so it's hard to squeeze another aircraft type in there. KyoAni should have shown us the tail numbers, so that we could see if they returned on the same plane they arrived on! ;p More detail! ^^;;;;

Quote:
JAL does operate 767s . . . but they're mostly "domestic and short-haul international" planes. The 777 is their main long-distance international carrier.
Yeah, their 767-300ERs have the range to do Tokyo-London, but their seating arrangement is definitely for domestic/short-international with only two classes in each of their three floor-plans (none of which include the lie-flat first class seats)...