Old 2007-12-23, 12:12   Link #80
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Now the fourth arc...

That was a mess.

That was a ****ing mess.

I know it's super robot and all, and that means overpowering screams and shonen battles with lots of people sacrificing 'n stuff, but jeez. That's not cool, that's not adrenaline-bringing, that's just plain obnoxious and ridiculous. One, two, three transformations? Hah. And the hot young commander somehow turned GAR some time during that arc. Huh? Everybody's dying at random and galaxies themselves are used as weapons. Yeah right! There are bright spots (like Viral's dream; that was rather sweet of him), but it's mostly "BIG CLIMAX ZOMG I DONT MAKE SENS."

After that, the ending also sucked. Where's my awesome space captain? Who's that damn hobo? Did the gay guy age at all!? Is Yoko alone again? And why did they just kill Nia like that anyway? I didn't even feel a thing when she died, while I shed imaginary manly tears for Kamina's death, even though I didn't like him that much in the first place!

From 10 for awesomeness (I do appreciate shonen for what it is, and animation/sound quality is top-notch), the show got a minus 1 for the fourth arc's series of Dragon Ball battles and another minus 1 for the lame epilogue, down to 8. I'll never understand why anime directors feel the need to create a drawn-out ending climax of battles after battles with the big boss, *sigh*.
Even if I'm rather able to understand the complain for the badly executed "kill 'em all" on the initial episodes of the fourth arc, I still fail to see how the final battle is even close to being drawn-out, sense-less or just a little "Dragon Ball"-ish. Probably the closer adjectives you could find for your feelings, whenever they fit or not.