Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 23:32   Link #7692
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Probably the best argument against the right for (almost) everyone to own a firearm.
Umm no. Some people are too stupid to drive too. Should we ban cars? Some people are too stupid to use a stove in a kitchen. Or use a knife at the dinner table. Some people are too stupid to have kids. Hold a job. etc, etc. Sorry but what I said is not an argument against gun ownership. And gun ownership is a right in America, and I hope that never changes. I know I will never surrender my ownership of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought the 1911 is a rather old model which doesn't have as many safeties as modern pistols.
My 1911 has several safeties. Not only your typical thumb safety(mine has one on each side as I went for the ambidextrous safety option), as well as the typical grip safety(you have to be gripping the gun for the trigger to be usable), as well as the standard trigger safety. It's also not a double action, so if the hammer is not cocked back, it won't strike the firing pin. There is 0% chance of me shooting myself accidentally with that firearm. I carry with one in the chamber whenever I'm at my dad's horse ranch, and whenever I'm in Az. And even though the 1911 is a hundred years old, it is a proven design that has only been improved on. It's also the most popular handgun here in America. Even over the Glock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
+1 on the 1911 justinstrife! I took a course at Gunsite in Arizona. They taught me how to carry it in condition 1!
But stupid people shouldn't carry! It makes the rest of us look bad!

I love my Springfield 1911A1 loaded. It's more accurate than I am, though I'm always working at that.