View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 08:52   Link #198
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The PV clearly showed that it is neither entirely a comedy nor is it entirely a mystery series. That's my point, a synopsis you read somewhere online isn't what they promoted this series with--it was promoted with various animated and one live action preview not to mention the promotional event with the seiyuus. What in the living bloody fuck was in any of those promotional materials that said "hey, this is going to be like Shiki/Another" or could it be that you ignored the evidence and simply made your own uninformed assumptions?
MAL tags: Mystery, Horror, Romance, School, Shonen, Supernatural
ANN tags: Drama, mystery, romance, supernatural, ghosts, school

+ the PV and synopsis. I don't see "moe" or "comedy" anywhere. And these two elements overwhelmed everything else. If they were just side elements I wouldn't have cared, but that's pretty much all I got. That's my problem. Did I expect a Shiki/Another/Ghost translation entirely? No. Did I expect an atmosphere or premise that would indicate said tags, synopsis and PV? Yes.

And what kinda promotion would explicitly say: "This series is going to be like that other anime X". Stop putting words in my mouth.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote