View Single Post
Old 2006-04-11, 13:57   Link #46
dfens

I have all 6 volumes of Gunslinger Girl the official Japanese mangas and the volumes 1-3 released by ADV.

Volume 6 came out last December I got it right when it came out. The girl on the cover is the new GSG her name is Petoruushuka which means Petrushka it's a Russian name. She was a ballerina who was very talented but got cancer which would have ruined her career. So the social welfare agencey took her in and wiped her memory and gave her the cybernetic implants.

Out of all the girls she is like Triela the most that she is normal no mental or social issues other than being the oldest she acts and looks like a normal teenager.

The weapon she is given is a Spectre M4, 30 rounds, 9mm submachine gun they haven't shown which pistol she will using yet. But I'm guessing she'll use some sort of Italian gun probably some sort of Beretta.

As for ADV good luck on volume 4 I got tired of waiting all the way back when volume 1 came out in Oct 2003 so I got the Japanese versions since I can read it.

To me ADV manga division is dead they barely started release FMP again after god knows when the last volume came out. But you know their is a problem when GSG volume 2 took over 1 & 1/2 years between issues. Volumes 4 and 5 have been out more than long enough to translate.

The anime covers about half way through volume 3 so they have enough for a second season but who knows if they'll animate more. They kind of left it open for season 2 but also they ended it in a way to end it for good.