View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 16:23   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, npal's "didn't like" category actually matches my nits on a 1:1 basis so thanks to him for defogging my thoughts.

I still think the way it was handled and portrayed, one might have thought Yuuichi would end up with Mai or Shiori as a "mate" and just deep friends with Ayu (same "ending" just different romantic angle). Outside of that 360 degree kiss, one would think they're just good buddies, whereas Yuuichi was clearly romantic towards the end of the threads of Mai and Shiori. Darn that kiss because otherwise I could easily mentally roam into fanfic visions for Mai and Shiori while he stayed good friends with Ayu.

Nayuki still got shafted for all the importance her character has... as a director, I'd have probably spent more upfront time at least setting up Nayuki's thread (at least make it clearer that Ayu and Nayuki are friends and yet competitors for attention). Of course, as I said before: the gods of tragedy demand sacrifice... but those are my mutterings as a backseat director... I suspect they were terrified that if they only took down one or two characters there would be a lynching... so it was either going to be carnage or happiness.