View Single Post
Old 2009-08-14, 02:25   Link #460
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Yamagi_Kira View Post
Light was bored - that was his cause of corruption. I am almost positive the author wanted the readers to realize this, seeing how every description of Light started off with "A bored intelligent man." I mean all this showed is that the author wanted Light to fit the description of a typical serial killer - but with her own twists. Some of the most notorious serial killers were all geniuses: Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy and even the fictional serial killers, JigSaw, Dr. Hannibal Lecture. Light fitted these characteristics to a tee, the only difference was he had a super natural ability. Light, up until the last episode, showed no emotion, no remorse, no fear, and stuck to his plan. There is also a quote in the last episode that knocks my point home. Light Yagami was insane - Light became so corrupt by his power and became arrogant and truly thought he was a GOD. Well Near - said "No, you're nothing but a serial killer." After Light proclaimed his power - well as you can see Light never thought he was insane, because by definition someone who is insane does not know they are. However, Light did not become insane until late in the series - in my opinion; simply because he always had a calm and cool plan to rid his enemies and cover everything up. Even though he was arrogant he never let that get in his way of his choices. It's interesting to say the very least but I would say that the author did an excellent job of creating a serial killer. Sick thing is - he would have be successful if not for a minor mistake.
I just don't buy that Light would get sloppy until he destroyed Near. The authors needed Light to be defeated. A copout ending.