View Single Post
Old 2007-02-25, 20:24   Link #53
Joojoobees

Arrow Christian Rosenkreuz vs. the Comte de St. Germain

I think that you are right that some sort of referencing of Christian Rosenkreuz is going on, even in the Alice Game, which is a purification ritual, and thus has some resemblence to the Chymical Wedding.

There have been many claims that CR did not die, but rather appeared 300 years later as the Count St. Germain. Since these claims fit in with those that St. Germain was, in fact, immortal, it seems reasonable to assume that there is some referencing of this as well, since "Father" is a seemingly immortal being.

I doubt that there is an actual argument being made that "Father" is the Count St. Germain. I find it more likely that inspiration for the series was found in these stories. I say this because one of the things that struck me about the series was the existential quandary the Rozen Maidens find themselves in. To me it seems an excellent analog to humans wondering about our relationship to our creator. What must we do to please our creator? Can we meet him one day?

BTW, there was an excellent novel that discussed Christian Rosenkreuz, the Count St. Germain, the Knights Templar, and all sorts of other stuff. It is called Foucault's Pendulum, and it is by Umberto Eco (who is more famous for the Name of the Rose).