View Single Post
Old 2007-09-09, 02:09   Link #64
Huw M

Thank you so much Duckroll for uploading that.

I'm actually getting a Samurai Champloo vibe from the way the characters are drawn, with really varied line-width for the faces. And 6 main Key Animators? Maybe they are referring to the action parts? I am not sure if the story will pan out to be any good, but the vast majority of kick-ass martial arts movies have pretty average stories anyways...I think I read some time ago that the staff wanted to surpass all previous sword battles in animation, or something, so for all I care the movie could be about a bunch of animators wanting to surpass all previous sword battles. As long as I get to see awesome sword battles, my simple and immature mind is sated

In any case I was surprised at how full and rich the animation is. Everything moves so well. I was browsing through a FullMetal Alchemist TV artbook the other day at Border's (full of promotional pics for posters and magazines) and it had lots of stuff from Yoshiyuki Ito (Stranger's AD) and a bit from Masahiro Ando (The director). A nice find in light of the movie. Ando's stuff was the most energetic, and action-packed but all of Ito's stuff was really well drawn, especially the airbrushed game and DVD covers. They'll make a good team.

Was that Skullman clip really by Nakamura? It looked a fair bit like his style. I suppose the movie finished production some time ago then.
Huw M is offline   Reply With Quote