View Single Post
Old 2009-11-25, 12:30   Link #1245
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
Holy cow, has that petition exploded! Like two days ago I checked it had 5000 votes, now it's 6000! I guess it shows how Claymore anime is not so popular in Japan [this is very odd though, because the manga seems highly popular], but very popular outside. I understand for more than half a year, it was pretty stagnant? And when it popped up on English forums, it quickly doubled? Looks like it has reached Spanish forums as well and it has caused a further explosion...

Is it really that difficult for Japanese anime producers to exploit foreign market? Has globalisation really not made it effortless yet? After all, DVDs barely weigh anything, just pack them up, send overseas and rake the profit! Or is this foreign fan base mostly dirty pirates who download the anime illegally and then demand for more without any willingness to support the producer?
I don't know, but it is really weird. I remember talking about it once when people asked if foriegn votes counted or not, and I said no because otherwise their would be region codes which their are not. But it's like you say; this petition has been up for months and has been very stagnant, but once the english, and probably chinese, boards caught wind of it, it's been spreading like wild-fire

It would be very weird if producers didn't exploit this petition because of overseas; Claymore is one of the most popular mangas, but it's popularity is centered mostly on fans outside their borders. Is it really that big of a deal? With the enthusiasm this manga has in Europe, China, and USA, they could make big profit even if Japan isn't crazy for it.

They are blowing a huge opportunity if they refuse because of where we come from.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote