Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-14, 10:03   Link #2073
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
True, with micro Marauders could beat Zealots not so hard. But if Zealots get Charge upgrade, then Zealots would own Marauder too.
by then, marauders would have stim, and zealots can't catch up to stim even with charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Roach is still pretty strong though. Considering it costs only 75 mineral and 25 gas each, it has higher hp (tank capacity) than marauder, do more damage per hit to light, can regenerate when burrow and maybe come out quicker (can't remember build time). Yeah, marauder is direct counter to the roach but roach is also a counter to hellion rush too. With Thor nerf in the previous patch it can take out thor better too. So I don't think it will be unusable.

About Forge nerf, yeah it seems many people try to cannon rush somehow. I also once got proxy pylon + canon rush in my base (bad scouting for myself), luckily I'm a Terran so I just lift off and land somewhere else.
Roach is not as good as you think, considering how easy they are to counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I'm on a really bad losing streak right now against all races. I need to watch all the replays cause something horribly wrong if I got beaten my last game due to 9 carriers. Not that I'm saying I'm good as I'm copper league and this entire RTS genre is new to me (last time I played SC or BW was in middle school and it was only campaign).

And by horribly wrong, I mean that my timing in terms of attack and expand are just way off. I got caught by surprise as I was trying to expand so my opponents got several shots off me, effectively killing my army. That and I turtled the last three matches. Stupid stupid stupid.

Basically use the basic Terran build order (or slightly changed):

9/11- Supply at choke
11/11 Barracks, right as supply finishes
13/19 Refinery
14/19 Get first marine to kill the scout
15/19 Orbital Command <-- Not sure whether I should use the scan or MULEs with the initial 50 energy. I'm leaning more towards MULEs.
16/19 Second Barracks

And it all falls apart from there.
Being good at macro will get you up to platinum level play.

Some things you might have been doing wrong.

Macro(You have way too many excessive minerals/gas)

Scouting(You didn't scout to see what the enemy player was planning)

Macro(SCV count. You should as a terran player, optimally have 3 scvs on every gas and mineral field)

Build(Please change the build to suit your play. By cutting scv's in the beginning to make a fast gas and fast raxes, you are cutting down your income to make other things. And as you know, having less income than the other player leads to them getting more income exponentially over time, and you start to fall behind and lose.)

The general problem with playing in the lower leagues is macro and scouting. If you can macro, and scout well, then you can win a lot of your games.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote