View Single Post
Old 2009-02-10, 16:54   Link #1262
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
LIES! You can't fool us you war mongering rabid Sheryl-shipper you!

Actually, I think Crusader gives way too much credit to Kawamori + gang regarding Ranka's character development and their "social commentary". I'm of the position that the production team simply screwed up by boxing themselves in with a loli moe-blob character in a fairly mature storyline environment and then dropping the ball by not developing said character sufficiently enough. You can only shake your head in wonderment at how much screen time was devoted to Ranka throughout the show and how the scriptwriters squandered it leaving us with a stagnant character.
Even if you are of this opinion, the fact stands that Ranka is a wonderful deconstruction of how a certain type moe, innocent character would find it nearly impossible to cope with so much responsibility.

It would be pretty ironic if Kawamori and crew didnīt even intend it and would still manage to produce such an impressive result.

In this case Iīd have more ammunition for my case that we have gotten a Sheryl X Alto ending, because if Kawamori can screw up such an important character arc as Rankas, it is pretty clear that he easily could have screwed up his wonderful polygamic triangle dream ending, too.