Thread: Nintendo Wii U
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 01:27   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
there is many interpretation of dying however wii have decrease number of sales both from hardware AND software

however the main possible reason why nintendo need new wii is because the stock is keeping down for couple of year
Though software-wise, it is rather erratic. If good games come out one year, then the sales soar. On the other hand, if there is a lack of good games, then the sales will go down.
If Nintendo released something like Pokemon or another Mario for the Wii for instance, no doubt there will be a good boost in sales. Speaking of Pokemon, there have been rumors that Genius Sen. is making another game...

Definitely going down, but when you get to the top, you can only go down. Rather, if Nintendo's stock went up any more, the pie chart of the stock of game companies would turn into a pac-man again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
They shouldn't sound like fanboy wishes. They want to recapture hardcore gamers? Another way to phrase it is they will cater more to hardcore gamers than they did with the Wii. The console will be more powerful than the PS3? That isn't far fetched. The PS3 released in 2006, after all.

And why would you say "A more powerful console is the last thing that this ill industry needs". Would you expect Nintendo to not make a more powerful successor to the Wii, which is basically as powerful as a GameCube? And since they are making a more powerful successor, it only makes sense to make it more powerful than the competition, being that it is not too expensive to make a console more powerful than the X360 and PS3 in 2011. Plus, Nintendo will probably bring something new to the table, like how they did with the DS, Wii, and 3DS. Wouldn't that be something that "this ill industry needs"?

Also, I'd like to add, it would seem that Nintendo is being more aggressive with this system, in terms of marketing products (the console and controllers) with pretty good tech and smaller profit margins than the Wii (which has always had a large profit margin). If Nintendo is going to be more aggressive in this regard, it wouldn't be too surprising. They have made A LOT of money with the DS systems and the Wii.
Well, I trust Nintendo will make the right decision, whatever it will be.
My puny mind cannot fathom their greatness.
No problem with more powerful systems, but I just hope it doesn't come with a cost (like the PS3 or FF14).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote