View Single Post
Old 2009-09-13, 14:25   Link #264
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I'd give StrikerS 7/10

The same score I'd give the first Season.

For the most time, it just wasn't that interesting. Tons of characters we don't want to see, uninteresting villains (Who seriously remembers the numbers, apart from Quattro?) and failed action. Scaglietti never seemed threatening or special.

He wasn't as purely evil as Precia was, he had no backstory, hardly any real motivation and he definitely didn't have a fascinating development like the Wolkenritter.

It was unimpressive. That is, most of the time. Episode 17 is the first real awesome episode of StrikerS. The finale, starting around Episode 21 finally goes back to the original awesomeness of Nanoha, something that should have happened much earlier already.

In all honesty, the finale was really epic. But it can't make up for boring periods of training and uninteresting babble. Why focus on new characters we don't want to see when we have the old cast as adults now?

The only new main character that had a real development was Teana. Unfortunately, I didn't really care for her, but that's just a personal taste. Subaru was quite cool, however.

I can't rate the season as standalone, I have to rate it while keeping the series as a whole in mind. And it was unable to reach the relative high expectations I had after the godlike win that was Nanoha A's.