View Single Post
Old 2007-07-16, 05:49   Link #83
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I remember rolling my eyes in the first season's first episode, thinking the comedy wasn't all that funny, and the characters were so cliche that the only thing worth watching about the show was all the psycho moments.

Lol, I've come a looooooong way since then. I have to say that this episode was brilliant. I hardly laugh at anime, but I was going crazy the whole time. I just realised how great the main characters of Higurashi are, and you could feel the chemistry they have with each other. The characters interact are so amusing, that I'd even go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind watching a 12 episode "Higurashi Fumoffu."

Also liking Shion, although it did feel a bit odd watching her in a 'normal' state because we're so used to b*tch Shion.

This is probably one of the few anime that I'll download as SOON as it's subbed. I'll be honest, I've never been engaged in an anime plot the way I've been engaged in Higurashi, and it's pretty easy to sneer at that because Higurashi has all that "moe" stuff.