View Single Post
Old 2011-02-28, 13:45   Link #22046
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
But does Nanjo's son actually deserve to know? Is there a natural law that gives us the right to obtain truth about those who we are related to?
The argument is "there are some things you are better off not knowing." This argument is used to justify complete concealment, not merely from Ange, but from basically anyone. I pointed out an instance in which there is no moral benefit to concealment, and indeed suggested that revealing the truth would make Nanjo Jr. feel better about himself, his father, and his child.

Quote:
Let's take a six year old child like Ange was and you know her relatives brutally slaughtered each other out of greed for money, even her mother cared more about the wealth than her own daughter and that's why that girl is alone...would you tell her that?!
I would. Of course, it's quite presumptuous that we believe that was actually what happened. We still don't know.

But if you're so concerned about her ability to comprehend the truth at that age, there is always the option of not telling her right away, with the promise to her that you will tell her when she's "old enough to understand." At least that way she knows that she will one day know the truth. This is a "truth-neutral" stance, where you are not opposed to her finding out on her own (or under specific circumstances), but are not actively engaged in revelation at the immediate moment.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote