View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 00:34   Link #48
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Your argument loses weight in that he didn't really treat any of his subordinates differently then any other commander would have.
The degree to which you are factually incorrect on this is physically unpleasant. Sorry, but that had to be said. That said, I am aware bringing even the shadow of reality into a story with an immortal pizza obsessed witch is somewhat iffy, so I will make my point brief.

If you want to see his command style differing from that of one that actually works, rewatch ep7. Alternatively, even in ep1 its questionable if people that actually fight would tolerate his capricious command style, though its a bit more forgiveable (for them) in sheer horrid desperation.

The point I am attempting to get across is that while one may treat one's troops as pieces on a board, they are in fact people. People with guns. People who need to have faith that you are acting in a best interest for their goals, diverse as those may be, conflict to conflict. If they do not believe you are acting in that interest, they will not fight. So, Lelouch's open disinterest in his own side is an unbelievably poor choice of flaws, as real humans will not tolerate being valued as pawns. They may BE pawns, but its a bad idea to remind them of that. The series steps back to believable when they get Todo on their side, as he probably buffers the orders a bit as they go down the line.

Anywho, for the most part I found Lelouch to be a good Greek tragedy character, as he has great qualities with incredible flaws. His success/downfall, should hopefully prove entertaining, especially if he does both.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote