View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 11:10   Link #58
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Code Geass...honestly one of the most engaging, entertaining anime I've ever watched. However, similar to one of my other favourite animes which also suffers from massive popularity (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), I really can't help disparaging the populist elements of the show which seem to possess so much of the fanbase.

Lelouch is Code Geass's populist element.
I can't really see how you can call Lelouch a populist element Sol Falling, seeing as how he's such a break from the standard mold in this genre. (the standard mold more or less being Kallen if she was male.) Unless that was just a commentary on protagonists in general. >_>

but otherwise nice points, Lelouch is indeed enjoyable to watch because he is so flawed, just like pretty much all the characters in this show, by episode 26 Suzaku has become a character who can't simply be dismissed, and thinking anyone deserves anything in this show is the wrong way to look at things. Taniguchi said it himself, people take things for granted too much these days, when in fact you should have to work hard and continue to strive for your goals.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-04-10 at 16:17.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote