View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 15:28   Link #455
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Care to point out where did I say it would only involve C.C.? As far as I know, all I said was she'd get more relevance. And since this is the C.C. thread, I'll talk about her, not about the Emperor, V.V., Marianne, or whoever else may show up.
I never said you said it would only be her, the purpose of my remark was to take note of the fact that her relevance increase purely from the Geass side wouldn't be as large as it was in, say, Season 1. I am simply putting out a contrast.

Quote:
Once again, you're reading too much from my post. I didn't say, nor do I expect to get every single detail from her past, just key points that would shed more light into her character.
Such as? Most everything has already been covered that doesn't involve things she doesn't remember herself. And again, anything in her past related to Geass can also, again, be revealed by V2 as he did in S1.

Quote:
Indeed, but we do not know what she meant with it becoming stronger, nor the implications of it. The more Lelouch uses his Geass, the stronger it'll become (I think something like that was mentioned once). We're yet to see what will occur once that happens.
Stronger is fine, but there's no indication that it will evolve further or mimic anything that may have occured in S1. Stronger may mean he can simply geass more people at once. One thing I can almost guarantee not happening is him aquiring the ability to geass more than once; that's the limit on his ability and changing that is a rather skeptical manuever. So, while it can become stronger, there's no real evidence to suggest it will do anything radical as in S1.

Quote:
And Mao didn't appear until episode... 13? 14? Also, before he showed up, we didn't have any idea Geass could go out of control. Now that we know it, we do not need another Mao.
We also had another season so episode 13 wasn't late; we don't have said luxury and as such, we can't assume the same timescale. Given only 18 more episodes, developments akin to Mao need occur much sooner than they did in S1. And, if I recall correctly, we had hints prior to Mao about Geass's ability to become something more powerful.

Quote:
I didn't say she or other characters wouldn't get any (or very little) development at all afterwards (which would have been stupid from me, since Kallen is an important character), just that, unlike the current episodes, by the time the mysteries start getting focus, they won't get as much focus as they are getting now.
I'd imagine those mysteries will continue to fall into place as they have been, sporadically through the episodes. I do not expect to see the plot ever shift anywhere near entirely from Lelouch's Battle to the secrets of Geass. They're a nice addition to the plot, but this story is about Lelouch's battle mainly, and the geass as a side dish. This isn't Lelouch and the Mysterious Geass. It's Lelouch of the Rebellion, for whatever a series' title is worth. So, again, I do not see their importance or screen time dropping given the actual plot of the story.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote