View Single Post
Old 2010-09-16, 15:42   Link #77
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
The actual risk of getting a tumor from "waves" off a phone is kinda... well, it's a little far fetched. I mean, I sleep next with my head literally inches away from my computer (which is pulling about 650w constantly), my server (another 250w), a step-down transformer, a UPS, and an industrial grade network switch. I've done that for years, and it doesn't do a thing to me.

Now, what do I usually have under the pillow... snacks, knives, a watch, nunchakus, and spare networking parts (and whatever cables happen to spill over on to my bed). Yeah, I do tend to be a little paranoid.
the idea is that it might affect you 50-70 years down the line.
That's why there is no "conclusive studies" yet because these new newfangled gadgets haven't been around long enough to conduct long term studies.

to give an analogy (albit of a bit extreme one) is like to say that I've been smoking for 6 of my last 22 years (the age listen in your profile) and I don't have lung cancer yet!

I personally do think that it is a very possible threat, but obviously the convenience of having a cell phone always in my pocket, and the requirement for all papers to be typed up outweigh the risk down the line (or do they?).

hmm, I wonder if I could type-write all my essays and say that it's for health purposes

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote