View Single Post
Old 2012-02-22, 00:06   Link #109
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Then maybe it shouldn't of introduced so many characters in the first place.

Kurt Vonnegut (If you don't know him look him up, famous writer), once said and I quote:

"Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia."

I think this should apply here, and I really hope Monogatari doesn't run into this issue too much as it goes on.
Hahahahaha oh man, the very notion of this series having too many characters is hilarious. One word: Zaregoto. Look it up, the number of characters will blow your mind.

Quote:
It might be a clever way of getting some other characters screen time in semi-relevant fashion, but I question the intention in the first place. I rather have had more Karen screen time personally.

I don't think the Sengoku and Kanbaru development though was very good though. Particularly Sengoku. So it was almost like negative development to me.
The only reason you say that is because a lot of their line were cut out. One also needs to look at the bigger picture. The screen time Nadeko had in this season foreshadows a lot about her character. All I can say is sit tight and be patient.

Quote:

Since when were studios mandated to completely follow a source word for word in an adaption? Anime and light novels are different mediums. You have to adjust for the medium.
Shinbou once said that when he create an adaptation he does it so that even the original fans will like it. What better way is there to attract original fans than to follow the book word for word? Besides, he didn't even actually follow word for word. For example, the sibling fight was a lot more outrageous in the anime.

Quote:

The solution is to cut away character screen time. Nadeko's contribution to this arc for example was completely unnecessary and whatever information she did give Koyomi could have been given by some other character in some way.
No, that's not right. The information Nadeko gave to Araragi dealed with the curse that she got back in Snake. She was the only one that could have given it to him since she was the only middle schooler that he knew other than his sisters. There was no way they were going to tell him so Nadeko was the only one.

Quote:
So the plot surrounds a character but we don't need to give that character a lot of development? C'mon now. It's just the sensible thing to do imo.

I don't think her development was particularly great in any case, and very little was given at all. She's better than Nadeko though. Nadeko is just a moe blob.
Once again, if this is what you think than you are going to have a REALLY tough time watching the rest of this series.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote