View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 21:34   Link #19
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

When looking for a new PSU, do I have to match up similar specs with my old PSU? Things like ampage and DC output?

My shoddy PSU is from Xion. Model number is XON-700P12N. Some examples of what I'm talking about. The +3.3V is at 30A, the +5V is at 28A, and the +12V1 is at 18A. Do I have to find matching numbers on my new PSU? Do I have to find matching values for things like input voltage, input frequency range, input current, and output? Do I have to find matching values for any of those?

In finding the right PSU, does a new one have to have anything to do with the one you have? What do I need to look for to get the right PSU?

I kind of expect what answers I'll get to some of those questions, but someone suggested I have to match certain values, and I decided I might as well ask, even though I'm not sure on that.

Do I have to look into what type of connectors come with a PSU? I already know I need a 20+4 pin connector for the motherboard. Someone here said that a 24 pin connector is also compatible with 20+4 pin connectors, IIRC. That is the case?

I'll check to make sure the PSU is actually dead before buying a new one, btw.