View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 13:13   Link #31575
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qno2 View Post
Don't forget that Nanjo is not a murderer - just like Genji and Kumasawa. Sure, maybe it referred just to EP1 but it seems like a pretty general statement to me. Therefore, him accidentally causing someones death as a physician doesn't count as "murder" either. Even more, because the red about him not being a murderer could be established in the first place it means that no past event marked him as one. So his only way of becoming a "culprit" is to murder someone on Rokkenjima 1986. Which might be impossible as well depending on how we deal with that red statement.
I was thinking to this statement from Erika:

Quote:
A 'culprit' is defined as 'one who murders'. It never says that they have to murder someone who appears in the story. ......In other words. If George committed murder outside the island, sometime before this crime, he could be a 'culprit' without killing anyone on the island, and it would be possible for him to lie.
Same goes for Nanjo. Of course the story never refers to George as the murder of someone out of Rokkenjima in the same way as it never refer to Nanjo as someone's murder however this explanation was accepted and allowed to be in red for Bern's game.

Not that I believe the purple to matter in the other gameboards but apparently it's structured to permit this sort of logic twisting.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote