View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 15:35   Link #45
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It may be as simple (o.O) as that .... the EF source material allowed the player to select multiple protagonists to play each arc. But there are a manageable number of ladies (4) in the two EF games where as KKPR's game had 6(?) ... outside of handling it like the KKPR manga is doing (parallel universe time), having one protagonist go after six girls in an integrated plot in the space of a series without wreaking havoc on the storylines... well, good luck with that writing assignment.

The Amagami SS staff is (safely and wisely for $$$) taking the parallel universe route it seems... I'm more okay with that than some ridiculous "gotta catch 'em all" series (though I still enjoyed the ensemble reweaving idea the best, I'm clearly in the minority there).
Minor correction: You don't get to choose a protagonist in EF, all the pairings are preset, making each chapter pretty much pass/fail. The five pairings are:

Hiro/Miyako
Kyousuke/Kei (cut almost entirely out of the anime due to time and pacing constraints. In the game, it apparently takes place after Hiro/Miyako, but in the anime it seems to take place simultaneously and feels like a last minute "pair the spares" as a result.)
Renji/Chihiro
Kuze/Mizuki
Yuu/Yuuko

So basically, the five couples you saw in the anime with Kei's story getting shafted (pun intended).

I do agree that EF had much easier to adapt source material. Unfortunately I have the suspicion that difficulty in adaptation is what's preventing adaptations for a number of fairly strong VNs.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote