View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 12:15   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I assume the director changed for this episode, but I think some personal touch was a bit too overboard in some cases, especially how the camera panning went a little too wild at times (and I really didn't expect "slapstick comedy faces" there, let alone Yuuta and Shinka doing these).
The real little problem I have with this episode direction was how disjointed the events felt together, especially how Rikka's "serious plot part" was added, a tad too shoehorned if you ask me. That said, the train scene had an excellent mood, labeit a bit random at the first glance.

That said, an amusing episode nevertheless, and I really didn't expect Makoto to have his own episode, let alone joining Rikka's club. So many bro attitude it could only remind me Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou in a good way (along with few Higurashi / Sota no Otoshimono vibes, due to their respective protagonist, conveniently also voiced by Hoshi).
Shinka's gyakugire was priceless in there, given an emphasis with Yuuta's reactions there (I didn't expect him to treat Shinka the same than he does with Rikka and Sanae, definitely good to see a consistent character there).
I was expecting from the very moment the letter was introduced that Rikka "baited" him in order to recruit him in her club, but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't as predictable as that. Hopefully, the scripters won't forget about this side plot in the future.

I sure hope next episode will be less hectic in term of mood swing though.